Autumn is only a number of days away, so winter is right around the corner! Last year in Central New Jersey, we were hit by a nasty blizzard that dumped more than 2ft of snow in some places! Having an honest and reliable snow removal company to plow out your property is is very crucial. Here are some red flags to avoid when it comes to a snow removal companies.
Red Flags When Searching for a Snow Removal Company
- Uninsured/Not Licensed – Never invite an uninsured contractor to perform work on your commercial property. If you do, you become liable for this company. Why put yourself at risk? Always ask for proof of insurance. Also find out if the snow removal company is certified by a reputable industry association. This certification assures that the contractor has been approved by a third party, meets quality standards, and follows business best practices.
- Poor Equipment – Area property managers should seek out a snow plowing contractor with a fleet of heavy-duty trucks and equipment designed to clear your Union County NJ property this winter. Trucks equipped with commercial-grade snow plows and skid-steer loaders that push snow off of walkways are a must. Sidewalk crews that provide shoveling is also very important for retail spaces.
- Unsecured Ice Melting Products – The demand for salt is greater than the supply, and not all snow removal companies will be able to secure the amount they will need for this year. So, depending on the company you hire, your property might not get the ice-melting product it requires to stay safe this winter. You will want a company that can prove it has a supply of ice-melting resources, so ask for a guarantee.
- Bad Communication – Staying ahead of the storm is your contractor’s job. A responsive partner is imperative. Look for a snow removal company that promises a 24/7 point of contact. Effective communication is critical during snow events, and the commercial snow removal company you hire should offer multiple ways to reach them such as phone, text, email and in-person meetings on a regular basis, if requested.
- No Sustainable Snow & Ice Removal Practices – Winter can take a physical toll on parking lots and landscapes, so ask the snow removal company whether it uses sustainable de-icing techniques. There are ways to use ice-melting products while minimizing the environmental impact on your property. Pretreated ice melting products enable safer, faster removal with less material.
Looking for a Reliable Central NJ Snow Removal Company?
Biondo Contracting offers professional snow plowing, snow removal, and ice melting services to many parts of Central New Jersey. Service towns include East Brunswick, Milltown, Bridgewater, Bernardsville, Hillsborough, Lavalette, Manalapan, Old Bridge, and many more. For more information, you can call (732) 257-2926 or visit the website.